Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Christmas 2011 - Knitting

I didn't knit very many gifts this year, but enjoyed the things I did make.

My first project was actually a birthday gift for my brother.  It's the Dwarven Battle Bonnet. I had found this pattern a few years ago and was just waiting for the perfect reason to make it. 
I used Patons classic wool and modified the pattern just a bit based on the other Ravelry projects.  It was very fun and quick to make.  I was worried about felting it the proper amount in my front loading washing machine.  In the end, the hat seemed a little loose, but I didn't want to over felt the yarn.  (Ravelry link: Viking helmet hat)

This Darkside Cowl was a free pattern and I knit it in superwash for my daughter's teacher.  I liked all the colors that pop out of this colorway (Rainier, Cascade Superwash 220).  If I were to wear it I'd probably use it as a headband/ear warmer, but it did fit snugly around my neck too.

I made two pairs of slippers for gifts this year.  A pair of the NOLA slippers for my father in law (which I finished on Christmas Eve, so I didn't get a chance to take a photo before wrapping them!) and these French Press Slippers for my sister-in-law.

I enjoy the squishy feel of the NOLA slippers and the pattern changes enough to keep things interesting.

The French Press Slippers were my Thanksgiving weekend project.  I knit most of them in the car going to and from Minnesota.  The yarn is colorway Dragon Dance in Patons classic.  (Ravelry: Dragon Dance)


No comments: