Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Knitting update!

I've been working on a shrug for my daughter all summer and it is slow going. I took a break over the weekend to finish up a winter hat that I started back in May while waiting for the yarn for the shrug to arrive.

This is the Slouchy Copy Cat Hat. It was knit with Plymouth Encore left over from the first Wallaby I made. It was a nice easy pattern and the mock cable was fun. I'm looking forward to cooler Fall weather and trying it out!
A friend recently shared links to a few projects from Susan B. Anderson's itty-bitty toys book. I checked it out from the library and my gifts to knit list just grew in huge amounts. If you are on Ravelry I suggest you check out the book's link there to see some of the many cute projects. The author also has a blog that I found today and will be following.

I'm planning on making the Sisters reversible toy for sure. The author suggested trying one of the basic projects first to try out the various skills. I tried a little squishy ball and am hooked!
I'll be updating my gift ideas list on the side bar and blogging about finished projects as we get closer to the holiday season. I hope to make an item of clothing and a toy for each of my kids, plus I always find ideas for others on my gift list as well.

1 comment:

Jo said...

Oh, I like the hat! And the itty bitty book has me dreaming of projects. I did the wrap me up pup in 2 days I think, and I'm going to do 2 teddy bears (forget what they're called now) for E and my niece w/ the leftover yarn from Jim's grandma's shawl. I found another cute mini reversible pattern from her on ravelry for free--I think it's called "mini-reversible duck to bunny pattern" that is definitely on the Easter list for the kids.