Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Quick baby shower knit

I was recently invited to a baby shower and decided at the last minute to make a little hand knit as a part of my gift to the new mom.

I found this free pattern (Sweetie Pie Kit) on the Pickles website.  I'm drawn to so many of their patterns and I am sure the very cute babies in their photos helps.

This little dress and hat use the fisherman's rib.  It took me quite a while to feel comfortable with this stitch pattern, but it produces a squishy final product with lots of stretch.

I found a new yarn for this project.  Plymouth Yarn Baby Boutique is microfiber and nylon.  It has a very soft texture, a little stretch, and is machine washable.  I think the new baby will be cozy this winter with this dress over a long sleeve shirt and leggings.

No comments: